Sunday, February 09, 2014
Friday, January 31, 2014
|Childhood imagination...a splendid thing.|
- Waking up to the silence of a world insulated by snow.
- The purity and splendor of snow glittering in morning's first light.
- The joy in a child's eye as her boots crunch through virgin powder.
- The welcome aroma of chicken stock on the back burner.
- Feeling safe and warm under a pile of down blankets.
- Sipping a mug of hot tea.
- Dream-leafing through seed catalogs.
There's nothing quite like winter! I am so thankful that in His wisdom, God chose to give us seasons in life... seasons of labor, seasons of reaping, seasons of rest, and seasons of new beginnings. He is good today and forever!
|Faithful, loving Mark spending his day off playing with his children and taking care of chores.|
|Could there be any doubt why I love to call this girl "Rosie"?|
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Preparing breakfast (or any meal for that matter) at our house is an exercise in furious multitasking amid the urgent demands of four hungry stomachs. It can be noisy and stressful until the last bowl has been carried to the table and little mouths are silenced by busy eating. Thismorning, I took a moment during the demands of breakfast preparations, to stick my head out the back door and breathe in a most peaceful sunrise, snow glittering in slow-motion light dances. It was truly glorious and it were another season of my life, I would have grabbed my coat and gazed in awe for an hour. That will wait for another time. A very important job has my full attention for now.
|Who can resist the charm of the household cat enjoying his pool of sunshine?|
|How can a photo be taken in such an noisy environment and yet look so deceitfully quiet?|